Writers often ask me: Should I become a Niche Specialist or a Generalist?” And I always tell them that Niche Specialists make more money. However, if you’re a newbie, I suggest you start by writing on various topics and discover your favorite niche. That’s the path I went for and saw tremendous success.
I talk more about it in today’s video. Don’t miss the HOOK (I talk about it before the first minute ends). Oh and I stopped the shoot mid-way, attended an emergency call and cried a lot before resuming the shoot. To know more continue reading…
Some of The Many Perks of Being a Niche Special Writer
How You can Build Your Portfolio as a Niche Specialist (while writing on different topics)
- Start writing on various topics. This will ensure you have consistent work. It will also help you earn fast.
- Start a blog: Write on the topics that you’re naturally interested in. Be it travel, personal fitness, home remedies, cooking, self-help, psychology, etc. Your personal blog will help you showcase the range of topics you can write on.
- Start noticing which topic/niche pays you more than the other topics you’re writing on.
- Look for repeat assignments in that niche. This way, you’ll build your portfolio in that niche.
- Build Contacts: Join groups (both online and offline) pertaining to the niche you’re specializing in. Currently, I’m a part of 12 online mastermind groups and 7 offline.
- Get Certified, Build Credibility: When I started writing online, I took copywriting certifications & courses from all the leading copywriters and marketers including Dan Kennedy, Mark Ford, Ryan Deiss, Clayton Makepeace, Frank Kern and more. Find out the degree or certification or course that can help you get certified and gain more credibility among your clients. Last month, a handful of writers took my Weekend Web Writers’ Bootcamp & got certified as Web Writing Specialists. Three of them started working for my sister concerns while I referred 4 writers to my friends in America. They are all are making fat cheques as freelance web writers. If you’re interested in becoming a certified Web Writing Specialist, email my team at email@example.com to get on the waiting list.
- Listen to your hunch, your inner voice about its natural inclination towards a niche.